Posted by Admin on August, 27, 2020
Most shampoos use chemicals that are rough on hair follicles and are formulated specifically to clean off sweat, dead skin cells, and hair products. Along with the dirt, it also washes away all the moisture and essential oils that keep hair nourished. One of the most common mistakes that results in hair fall is trenching the conditioner, making it a reason for impaired hair. Hair is the weakest when wet and therefore needs more care after every wash. Therefore, the second step to hair washing is applying a nourishing hair conditioner from mid to tip of the hair.
It has fatty alcohols, humectants, and oils to make hair soft and shiny. Some have protein to repair split ends, and some have thickening agents to make hair feel voluminous.
Using conditioner makes hair softer and easier to manage. It also protects hair shafts from damage. Conditioners are capable of protecting hair from the over exposure to the sun and other bleak weather conditions. It makes it simple to groom hair as well as revamps the way it looks and feels.
Some of the benefits are discussed in detailed below:
• Helps in detangling of hair: Applying conditioner after shampoo wash prevents tangling of hair and also helps in many ways. Combining wet hair after implementing conditioner will result in less harm and also there is less tugging at knots and thus, it helps in detangling your hair quickly.
• Helps in smoothing your hair: Conditioning on hair from mid length to tips can benefit in correcting your hair texture & quality and helps in flattening your hair as well. Applying conditioner also adds a glossy texture to your hair.
• Adds gleam and luster: Since, conditioners have proteins, oils, and water in them, thus using them regularly often adds gleam as well as luster to your hair. It also gives an elegant appearance to your hair.
• Moisturizes & Nourishes Dry Hair: Another essential benefit of using conditioner is that it helps in reducing dryness and brittleness from your hair. Moistening your hair can also provide nourishment to your hair which helps in escaping many other hair problems like breakage and split ends.
• Lessen Towel Damage: Most of the people complain of losing hair strands while drying their hair after taking a shower. Applying conditioners can definitely lessen your bothersome as when you condition your hair, you protect it from the exposed damage.
• Develops elasticity: Using Nourishing hair conditioner regularly can help in improving your hair elasticity. Without conditioning, your hair tends to be dry, frizzy, dull and frail, thus resulting in their breakage. Hence, proper use of conditioner can keep your hair hydrated.
• Provide shield to your hair from damage: Conditioning your hair regularly protects your hair from environmental pollution and damage. It also rescues from the reaction of hair styling products such as straighteners or dryers and hair colours. It sets up a defensive layer around your hair which helps in keeping your hair strong, healthy, lustrous and glossy.
It’s crucial to select the right kind of conditioner as per your hair and skin type. There are different types of conditioner available in the market that is made with different ingredients, offer different benefits and have different potential reactions. Hair with different textures will need different formulations to feast it best. If you blow-dry your hair on a regular basis or often get it colored, then definitely your hair will need extra nourishment.
One should take into consideration their hair type and styling routine while choosing the right conditioner for their hair.
• Coloured hair: If your hair has been bleached, colored, or permed, it will always have extra wear and tear. Choose shampoo and conditioner specially made for color treated hair.
• Thick Textured hair: Some people have thicker hair strands than others. If this is the case then you should opt for a stronger conditioner that will better soothe and protect your hair.
• Curly hair: Curly hair needs a deep nourishing hair conditioner as it is prone to dryness and frizziness. If your hair is curly, you may need to be more diligent while applying the conditioner. Run a wide-tooth comb through your hair after applying the conditioner to spread it evenly.
We can conclude that hair conditioner is aidful to dehydrated and brittle hair as it sustains and straightens hair strands.